Caracor is a privately owned development company headquartered in Allentown, PA. It is part of the Markward Group family of commercial real estate businesses, including brokerage, financing, investments, as well as development. Caracor was founded by Del Markward in 1998 to provide real estate development services throughout the Eastern United States, primarily Eastern Pennsylvania and surrounding areas. Caracor’s activities encompass all facets of the development process; the company conceives, acquires, holds, builds and sells industrial, residential, retail and office projects. Caracor invests in all major commercial real estate property types, including industrial, retail, office, multi-family and undeveloped land. Over $150 million worth of projects are currently on the books.
- Experience with industrial, office, retail & residential development
- Knowledgeable and experienced management team
- Strong relationships and numerous contacts with state, county and municipal officials as well as lenders, builders and other developers
- Territorial advantage over out-of-state developers
- Regional organization with excellent understanding of the local markets
- Access to synergistic brokerage, management and maintenance services through Markward Group
ABOUT OUR FOUNDER
Del Markward is a member of the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR) and is currently on the Board, Executive Committee, and is Global Vice President. He also has been elected to be President of the organization for 2018. The SIOR network provides access to the brightest and most successful real estate brokers in the world, and gives access to best practices by clients and brokers in all aspects of corporate real estate.
In addition to Caracor, LLC, Mr. Markward has owned and operated Markward Group since 1995 as a real estate consulting, advisory, and brokerage firm. He has worked for some of the largest companies in the world, including IBM, CIGNA, Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Microsoft, GE, GM, Chrysler, Dun and Bradstreet, amongst many others.
Some samples of the body of work he has completed include:
– Sale of closed and excess properties of Mack Trucks International
– Disposition of second generation data centers for Cigna
– National and Regional Office expansion projects for IBM
– Creation of regional warehouse and logistics location for Georgia Pacific
– Testing and Programming Center lease for Microsoft
– Disposition of long term investment assets for Glenborough Realty Trust
– Sale of development site and project to Prologis
– Relocation of distribution centers for Pepsi
– Relocation and logistics consulting for Uline
Markward Group focuses on providing expert business advice to corporations, local businesses, developers, and investors alike. Clients seek out Markward Group’s expertise in not only real estate matters but also on financial and logistic infrastructure issues.
Mr. Markward is a graduate of Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA and LaSalle College High School.